Crosslines offers several assistance programs to residents in Greene County. Once residents apply for assistance, applications are reviewed to fit clients with a program that best meets their needs.
To keep everyone safe and to adhere to social distancing guidelines the eligibility and application process will be slightly different this year.
To qualify for holiday assistance programs through Crosslines, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be residents of Greene County
- Must provide Social Security Cards for all members of household (including children)
- Must provide a piece of mail less than 30 days old
- Household income must fall at or below USDA Poverty Scale for family size
In addition, applicants must meet ONE of the following requirements:
- A school-aged or younger child (birth to 18 years) must be living in the household
- All members of the household must be 60 years or older
- All members of the household must be homebound
2020 Thanksgiving Dinner Baskets
Crosslines offer Thanksgiving food assistance for residents of Greene County. Thanksgiving food baskets include a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. You can apply for both Thanksgiving and Christmas assistance.
NEW THIS YEAR!
Thanksgiving and Christmas applications open online Monday, Oct. 12, 2020, through midnight Friday, October 30, 2020. Link for application will be posted here on Monday, Oct. 12, 2020.
2019 Christmas Assistance Programs
Christmas Food Baskets
Crosslines provides Christmas food baskets to Families. Baskets include a traditional holiday dinner.
The Toystore provides brand-new toys for children. Parents can shop the Toystore an pick out five items for their child: a large toy, a medium toy, a small toy, a book, and a knit item.
Families matched in the adoption program will receive food and toys (if they have children). Families may also receive clothing and household items.
*Families chosen for adoption in the past 2 years are not eligible for adoption.
Share Your Christmas Adoption
Share Your Christmas allows families to share their stories in the Springfield News-Leader. Names never appear in the story, and family situations are written in general terms to protect privacy. Families selected for Share Your Christmas fill out a form to request items they need, and receive assistance from community members reading the articles.
NEW THIS YEAR!
Christmas Applications open online Monday, Nov. 30, 2020, through midnight Saturday, Dec. 5, 2020. Link for application will be posted here on Monday, Nov. 30, 2020.
Applications also ask families to write about their current situation and reasons for the need. Selected stories of families who have had a particularly difficult year (references will be requested and checked) may be shared with Springfield News-Leader or with donors in the Adopt-a-Family program. You may want to write down your story before you come into Crosslines to speed up the application process, but writing it beforehand is not a requirement.
* We do not hold applications. If you do not have all the required material at the time of application, we must shred the application and you must come back at a later time and start the process again. This policy is in place to protect your personal information.
If you have additional questions, please call 417-865-5810 or email Bambie.
Applying for Homebound Clients
If all members of the household are homebound, an aide or another individual NOT living in the household must apply with a signed permission note from the client. This person should bring the following items to Crosslines when they come to apply:
- The client’s ID
- A piece of the client’s mail less than 30 days old
- The Social Security cards of every member in the client’s household
- A note signed by the client giving the aide permission to apply